Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mayonnaise and Salad Dressing

I've always lived in fear of mayonnaise, thinking its some special sauce that awesome people make. Turns out I can do it too. Admittedly, I only tried because I ran out of the bout stuff. This just tastes....well.. better. The mayonnaise recipe is loosely based on Allison Holst's one... But tweaked to ingredients I always have at home.



Mayonnaise
1 egg
1/4 t salt
1/4 t sugar
1/2 t mustard (I used honey mustard and dry hot mustard)
4 t cider vinegar
Cup olive oil
Black pepper

Bung everything in the food processor (except the oil) I have a whizzy attachment to my stick blender I wanted to try. Probably too much like hard work. But it is cool.



Put a little oil in. Whizz like crazy. Put more oil in. Whizz. Keep adding more oil in larger amounts until its all added.



Store in the fridge.

I used these swanky Tupperware containers. Mainly as I got them cheap at a party for spending too much money. They were larger than I was expecting, but have been great for shaking dressings and storing. And I have dropped them. Full. And the lids don't come off!

Salad dressing

I use this on pasta salad. I made pasta tonight... But needed mayonnaise... To make this dressing! Crazy.
1/2 c mayonnaise
Juice of one small lemon
Black pepper
Salt
2 Tbs olive oil

And shake it up - so simple.

So I made a pasta salad. And even packed it for tomorrow. And the next day. I will make my challenge of 5+ a day.










I'm so organised this week. See... Lunch boxes. Husband lunch container. Lasagne. Fruit. Super super organised.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment