Monday, July 8, 2013

Eggs Masala (Meatless Monday)

The husband still isn't convinced of meatlessness as a good thing, but he doesn't complain at these eggs. I like them for lunch, and they are the ideal using up the end of the ingredients before grocery shopping.



Ingredients
1/2 onion
1/2 tomato
3 eggs
Chillies to taste
Garam masala
Turmeric
Cumin seeds
Garlic clove
Olive oil

1. Dice onion and tomato. Toss in a hot pan with oil and cumin seeds, crushed garlic, finely chopped chillies, and other spices to taste.

2. Cook until the onion is clear.

3. With a fork, whisk the 3 eggs in a separate bowl. Tip into the pan with the rest and a little salt and pepper.


Serve on toast, or I prefer rolled into a wrap and toasted in a panini press.



These little containers are brilliant reminders of part vege in my fridge. Whenever I have the tomato and onion I know I am nearly ready for eggs masala.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment