Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Soup, wonderful soup.

It's officially winter. Here is my fridge, clearly soup is in my future.



I've been making a lot of the stuff, and doing several things with it.
1. Eating it. Duh. It's delicious.
2. Freezing it. I can't make it through a full pot of soup in my own time.
3. Taking it for lunch.

Freezing has been a revelation. I've been putting it in 2 cup full bags - glad medium sandwich zip top baggies specifically and labelling the stuff for the deep freeze. I usually make the soup with less water so that when I defrost the stuff, I can add more water and have soup easily... For dinner and lunch.



I've been taking it for morning tea and lunch. Morning tea is like 11:20, and lunch 1:20, so it's a long time from my leaving home without 2 meals! Lol. The stay fit soup container is great for morning tea, and the soup is still warm then, but by lunch it is cold. I bought a small thermal cuppy thing from Kathmandu, and it is burbling.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment