Saturday, June 15, 2013

Apple Pie - Simplified

I love apple pie.... Really. To the point that large ones get eaten too fast to be healthy.

This weekend I had leftover puff pastry, and I hate wasting pastry. Nom nom nom pastry.

Simply roll and line a greased pie tin. Peel and slice 2 apples. I used Braeburn because I had them. Sprinkle with cinnamon and throw in 2 cloves. Cut pastry strips and form a lattice top. Roll the edges and bake for approx 15 minutes at 180 degrees C.

Wait a little. Or it will burn your entire face. Eat while warm.... I ate mine fore eating dinner.... Then I skipped dinner.

I think a simple peeled sliced apple works well, as the pie doesn't get too damp, yet has a good moist quality, without running the pastry. The pie doesn't need sugar in my opinion.

Amazing with custard or cream. Or both.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment