Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dinner without fanfare

Well, busy is an understatement around here.  With "The Wizard of Oz" in performance next week, it's all costumes and rehearsals and props and panicing around here!

So this was dinner. 


Here we have 3 portions.  One.  Cucumber slices and celery sticks with falafel.  Two.  Leftover vegetarian spaghetti bolognase.  Three.  Kiwifruit and bananino slices.

The Spag Bol is my specialty.  I am a vegetarian (and have been for 14 years now)... the bolognase is simple and easy to make and high in iron- which I find essential.....

I'll share my secret.... shhhhh.

Vegetarian Bolognase Sauce
1.  1 tin baked beans
2.  1 tin chili beans or 1 cup of red kidney beans
3.  5 tomatoes (or a can of tomatoes off season)
4.  Lashings of basil, oregano etc to taste
5.  1 onion

Dice onion, and saute in a saucepan until clear.  Add all the other ingredients..... and salt and pepper of course!  Boil gently.  Blitz with a stick blender until a runny, but kinda chunky consistency.  Serve with spaghetti and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

It is such a joke of a recipe that I should not brag about it.... but I do.... it is tastey, easy to make and reheats nicely.  I use the same sauce when I make lasagna... but that is another story. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment