Friday, October 1, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

Well, as we are in full rehearsals for "The Wizard of Oz".... my lunch became Oz themed.... with varying levels of success.

First there was the cake for the cast:





A yellow brick road banana cake!

Which was well received.

From another banana cake (made thinner than this one) I cut out with a fluted circle cutter, a piece of cake... which was iced as such:

Here I just drew a face with icing... and painted an orange mane on the icing with more food colouring.  It was ok.... eyes are hard!  But it tasted nice and was popular with the cast.

This made my "Lions and Tigers and Bears" themed lunch:

The salads are all green, like the Emerald City, and I have Lions and Tigers and Bears (cashews and trail mix) in the little containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment