Sunday, February 7, 2010

Iskender

From bento

I had to figure out how to use the staff microwave eventually...... so here was my attempt at a Turkish style iskender.  In the first square was my basmati rice (in star, heart and bear shapes) and 3 falafel patties that I could reheat.  In the second square is the tabouli, beetroot, hummus and a cucumber raita.  The only issue was that after heating, I had 2 containers to balance.  When my balancing became tedious, I tipped everything into the heated container.  Also, I did not carry my lunch very flat, and the raita spread EVERYWHERE in the container.  I have to be more careful in the future.

It was nice snaking on the carrot sticks and cookies for morning tea, and I had the nuts and raisins during our staff meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment