Friday, January 22, 2010

Preparation

As far as I can ascertain, preparation is the key.  Being all prepared for what you are going to do, how to do it, and having the pieces ready.

One could assume this is all about life, as well as lunch.

Preparation has NEVER been a strong point of mine when associated with my lunch.  I have mastered the art of buying "snacky things" from the supermarket, and taking a wad of them to work.  Other forms of this was my falafel phase, where I cut up all the ingredients, and loaded the staff fridge with the stuff I needed to make a fresh wrap every day.  It was a tad inconsiderate of the rest of the staff though.

So... here is my idea of preparation.... making gingerbread men!



So, ignoring my poorly placed silicon cookie mats, which due to idiocy when shopping are larger than my cookie sheets, you should see my TINY cookies!!!!

Basically I figure that really small gingerbread men are a good snack.  I made like over 100 cookies, from a recipe that was meant to make 12 gingerbread people, so I was stoked.  And it gave me an excuse to use the teeny tiny cutters.  The feet are a tad creepy, but may make an excellent footsteps across my food.

I have also recieved my bento lunch boxes in the post (good on you ebay for stocking what I can't seem to find in NZ), so I will throw a picture of them up later (as they are adorable!).

I have also made the worlds smallest quiche's (in mini-muffin tins) and Spinach and Dhal stuffed chapattis in absolute minuature.  Tomorrow I will make a batch of raita for a dipping sauce.

I have a ukulele concert tomorrow, so will pack my lunch before I go, and it will be a good chance to test my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment